mediainggris.com – Bandung
Teks narrative adalah sebuah teks yang berisi cerita untuk menghibur pendengar atau pembacanya. Teks ini berkaitan dengan rangkaian peristiwa yang mengarah ke suatu krisis, yang akhirnya menemukan penyelesaian.
Ciri teks narrative yaitu adanya unsur konflik (masalah) dan resolusi (penyelesaian masalah). Dalam sebuah teks narrative, pembaca mungkin dapat menemukan konflik dan penyelesaiannya lebih dari satu. Contoh teks narrative yaitu legenda, dongeng fabel, dan cerita inspiratif.
Struktur Teks Narrative
1. Orientation: pengenalan tokoh, waktu, dan tempat kejadian cerita.
2. Complication: pengembangan konflik (masalah).
3. Resolution: penyelesaian konflik (masalah).
4. Re-orientation: perubahan yang terjadi pada tokoh atau pelajaran yang dapat dipetik dari cerita (bagian ini bersifat opsional, tidak harus ada dalam teks).
Ciri-ciri Kebahasaan Teks Narrative
1. Menggunakan past tense.
2. Biasanya diawali dengan adverb of time (kata keterangan waktu), misalnya long ago, once upon a time, one day,atau adverb of place (kata keterangan tempat), misalnya in a faraway land, in a very quiet village.
3. Menggunakan kata hubung waktu (temporal conjunction), misalnya then, after that, before.
Bank Soal Text Narrative dengan Jawaban
The following text is for questions 1 to 4
A wealthy businessman worried about his son's bad habits, so he sought counsel from a wise, old man. The Old man met the man's son and took him out for a stroll. They walked into the woods, and the old man showed the boy a small sapling and asked him to pull it out. The boy did so with ease, and they walked on.
The old man then asked the boy to pull out a small plant. The boy did that too, with 8 little effort. As they walked, the Old man asked the boy to pull out the bush, which he did. The next was a small tree, which the child had to struggle a lot to pull out. Finally, the old man showed him a bigger tree and asked the child to pull it out. The Child failed to pull it out even after trying several times, in different ways.
The old man looked at the boy, smiled and said, "So is the case with habits, good or bad".
https://www.momjunction.com/articles/moral-stories-forkids_00369197/#gref (28th November 2018)
1. The bussinessman worried about his son because he ….
A. was spoiled
B. was unlucky
C. behaved badly
D. disobeyed his parents
2. Why do think the boy failed to pull out a bigger tree?
A. It was a big challenge.
B. He had done his best.
C. The tree roots had settled deeply.
D. The tree had a thin but strong stem.
3. What can we learn from the story?
A. It is best to do everything with great efforts.
B. It is hard to get rid of permanent bad habits.
C. There will be many problems in human’s life.
D. Noboy can change our bad habits if we don’t change them.
4. “The chiled failed to pull it out ….” (paragraph 2)
What does the underlined word refer to?
B. a sapling
C. a small tree
D. a bigger tree
The following text is for questions 5 to 8
Once upon a time, a hunter lived in a village. He used to boast of his brave hunting trips to the villagers. The villagers respected him a lot. He mostly told everyone how he had fought a lion bare-handed. He said that the tiny animals used to get scared even at the sight of him.
One day, the hunter was passing through a forest. He met a woodcutter from the same village.
The boastful hunter approached him and said, “How are you? It’s a fine day, isn’t it?”
“Yes, yes, indeed!” the woodcutter replied.
“Well, can you tell me if you have seen some footprints of the lion nearby? It’s been months since I defeated any.”
The woodcutter knew that the hunter only boasted, so he said, “Yes, a lion is in a nearby den. Can I take you there?”
The scared hunter said, “No… No… I only just wanted to see his footprints,”
Finally, the boastful hunter ran away from the spot.
5. What is the best tittle for the text?
A. A Boastfull Hunter
B. A Brave Woodcutter
C. A Woodcutter’s Advice
D. A Woodcutter’s Rewars
6. What did the hunter boast about himself?
A. Nobody defeated him.
B. He was the smartest man.
C. He was the strongest man.
D. He was the most courageous man.
7. What did the hunter feel when the woodcutter said that there was a lion in a nearby den?
8. If the hunter met a wild animal on the way, he probably would … it.
The following text is for questions 9 to 12
Three large fish lived very happily in a pond which few people ever passed.
One day two men who were passing by the pond saw the fish. One of them said, “Let us hurry home and get our nets. Those fish are too fine to lose.”
The three fish were very much frightened. The first one thought a moment, then swam through the outlet of the pond into the river.
When the men came back with their nets, there were only two fish to be seen. They found the outlet of the pond and made a dam across it.
The second fish now began to think. It came to the top of the water and floated on its back. One of the men picked it up in his net, but it seemed dead, so he threw it back into the water.
The fish that never thought sank to the bottom of the pond and was easily caught.
9. What is the main idea of paragraph five?
A. A man picked the second fish.
B. The second fish could finally save itself.
C. The second fish pretended of being dead.
D. A man threw the second fish back to the pond.
10. What was the main problem of the story?
A. The fish could not escape from the men.
B. Two men was going to catch the three fish.
C. The third fish didn’t think about how to save itsef.
D. The fish looked for ways to escape themselves from the men.
11. How could you describe the first fish?
12. From the text we can learn that …
A. a good man is hard to find
B. two heads are better than one
C. no one succeeds without efforts
D. a good beginning makes a good ending
Halaman ini akan terus diupdate silahkan jika diperlukan untuk di bookmark. Thanks