Choose the correct answer!
1. Today is Saturday. Yesterday was . . .
2. What is the month before May?
3. On fifth of October, we celebrate . . .
A. National Armed Forces Day
B. National Awakening Day
C. Heroes’ Day
D. Pancasila Day
4. There is . . . elephant in the zoo
5. I kick the ball with my . . .
6. (16.30) it is . . .
A. half past four
B. half past five
C. quarter to four
D. quarter past five
7. (11.15) it is . . .
A. half past ten
B. half past eleven
C. quarter to ten
D. quarter past eleven
8. we usually cook in the . . .
A. living room
B. guest room
C. dinning room
9. 1996. How do you say it?
A. One nine nine six
B. Ine nine ninety-six
C. Nineteen ninety-six
D. Ninety nineteen six
10. It can bark like a . . .
11. The . . . can hop far.
12. The snake can . . .
13. 2 May 2012 = . . .
A. Second of May, two thousands and two
B. Twelfth of May, two thousands and two
C. Second of May, two thousands twelve
D. Twelfth of May, two thousands twelve
14. It is five to nine = . . .
The following text is for questions 15-18
My name is Hanna. I am thirteen years old. I live at Jln. Anoa 33 Makasar. I am a student of SMP Teladan. I am in the seventh now. I usually go to school by bus because my school is in the center of the city. It is located on Jln. Adipura 49.
I have a brother, Erik, and a sister, Siska. Erik is the oldest. He is a pharmacist. He works in a pharmacy. Siska is still five years and she goes to a kindergarten school. She wants to be a doctor.
15. The text is talking about . . .
A. Hanna’s school
B. Hanna’s brothers and sister
C. Hanna’s family
16. How old is Hanna?
A. 14 years old
B. 12 years old
C. 13 years old
D. 11 years old
17. How does Hanna go to the school?
B. On foot
C. By bus
D. By walk
18. Who is the youngest child in Hanna’s family?
B. Erik and Siska
19. I bite with my . . .
20. I bring something with my . . .
21. How many legs do a chicken have?
22. Handy : . . . do you usually go to
Fazel : I usually fo to school at 06.45.
B. What time
C. What is
23. 1 October 1978 = . . .
A. First of October eighteen ninety-eight
B. First of October nineteen seventy-eight
C. Tenth of October eighteen seventy-eight
D. Tenth of October nineteen seventy-eight
24. I get up . . . five O’clock.
25. Daughter means . . . in bahasa Indonesia.
A. saudara perempuan
B. keponakan perempuan
C. anak perempuan
26. Your father’s wife is your . . .
27. . . . is grandfather’s wife.
28. Don’t be . . . in the library.
29. I have long ears. I jump. I like carrots. I am a . . .
30. A . . . likes bananas. It cam climb a tree.
The following text is for questions 31-35.
Joanne Kathleen Rowling is a famous British novelist. She is the author of Harry Potter series. She writes under the pen name “J.K. Rowling”, but she calls herself “Jo”. Jo was born in Bristol, Englamd on 31st July 1965. She is the first daughter of Peter James Rowling. Her little sister, Dianne (Di), is now a lawyer. Jo likes reading and writing fantasy stories. Her first writing was rabbit. She also likes telling stories.
31. Jo is the nick name of . . .
A. Peter James Rowling
B. Anne Rowling
C. Dianne Rowling
D. Joanne Kathleen Rowling
32. What is Jo?
A. A novelist
B. A teacher
C. A researcher
D. A lawyer
33. Peter James Rowling and Anne Rowling are Jo’s . . .
34. Jo was born in . . .
35. Jo has . . . sister.
36. Do you see that red book? That is . . . book. I bought it last week.
37. Andy and Rina are going to buy some books together. Do you know what books . . . are looking for?
38. Which of the following statement is true?
A. I go to Jakarta yesterday.
B. She went to Solo last night.
C. My father sells his car just now.
D. They play football tomorrow.
The text is for questions 39 and 40
Hi! My name is Donny. I am a boy of twelve years old. I am fat and tall. My hair is short and wavy. I have sharp nose and oval face.
39. Is Donny thin and tall?
A. Yes, it is.
B. No, it is not.
C. Yes, he is.
D. No, he is not.
40. What is Donny’s hair like?
41. We need racket to play . . .
42. My sister drinks a . . . of tea in the morning.
43. We can borrow books from the . . .
B. post office
44. Today is Friday. The day before yesterday was . . .
45. Handy : Good bye.
Heni : . . .
A. Take care.
B. I’m happy for.
D. Have a nice day.
46. Handy : . . .
Heni : You too.
A. Good luck.
B. Have a nice day.
C. I’m happy.
D. How are you.
47. A . . . eats grain. It has two legs. It can swim well.
48. A parrot has . . . wings.
49. You brush your . . . after meal.
50. Handy : How do you do?
Heni : . . .
A. How are you doing?
B. How do you do?
C. How are you?
D. How’s life?
The text is for questions 51 and 52.
This is my class. There are 40 students, 21 boys and 19 girls. There is one teacher’s desk and one teacher’s chair. There are 20 tables and 40 chairs for students. Beside that there is a blackboard, two erasers, 2 brooms and two maps on the wall.
51. How many students are there?
52. How many girls are there
53. Thirty divided by five is . . .
54. When you go to bed you say . . .
A. good night
B. good afternoon
C. good morning
D. good evening
55. 75 = . . .
56. My father drinks . . . of tea every morning.
A. a cup
B. a bowl
C. a plate
D. a glass
57. The day after Thursday is . . .
58. The fifth month is . . .
The following dialogue is for numbers 59 and 60.
Juan : What time do you study
Erna: at half past six in the evening.
Juan : What do you do before you study your lesson?
Erna: I have dinner at quarter past six.
59. What time does Erna study for her lesson?
A. Six o’clock
B. Seven o’clock
C. A half past six
D. A half past seven
60. What does Erna do at a quarter past six?
A. Has lunch
B. Has dinner
C. Has breakfast
D. Has supper
61. Handy : I need bread.
Let’s go to the . . . !
Heni : Certainly.
D. post office
62. Father : I am hungry. Why don’t we
go to the . . .
Mother: Sure. Why not.
63. Handy : I want to buy shampoo, soap
And tooth brush.
Heni : Why don’t we go to the . . .?
Handy : OK.
The text is for questions 64-67
I am a student. My name is Budi, This my sister. Her name is Prita. We are brother and sister. We are students. My father is a teacher. His name is Darto. My mother is a nurse. Her name is Siska. Our house is on Jl. Merdeka.
64. Budi is a . . .
65. . . . is my sister.
66. We . . . brother and sister.
67. Who is the nurse?
68. To help us making a straight line, we use a . . .
69. My mother buys a loaf of . . .
70. Handy : Where is Ghania going?
Heni : To the . . . . She is buying book,
pencil, and ruler.
A. green grocer
B. fruit stall
C. book shoop