CONTOH SOAL ASESMEN SUMATIF AKHIR JEJANG (ASAJ)/PSAJ/US BAHASA INGGRIS SMP TAHUN 2024 LENGKAP DENGAN JAWABAN
|Soal Latihan ASAJ/PSAJ/US Bahasa Inggris SMP
mediainggris.com - Asesmen Sumatif Akhir Jenjang (ASAJ) atau Penilaian Sumatif Akhir Jenjang (PSAJ) atau yang kita kenal dulu dengan Ujian Sekolah (US) merupakan evaluasi prestasi belajar yang mengukur pencapaian standar kompetensi siswa pada tahap akhir pendidikan mereka, melibatkan berbagai mata pelajaran yang telah mereka pelajari. Seiring berubahnya kurikulum di dunia pendidikan sepanjang waktu, perubahan dalam pendekatan penilaian siswa juga menjadi suatu kebutuhan yang penting.
Dalam kesempatan kali ini kami ingin membagikan Contoh Soal ASAJ/PSAJ/US Bahasa Inggris SMP yang bisa menjadi referensi bagi Anda untuk penyusunan soal disekolah Anda. Berikut contoh soalnya:
CONTOH SOAL ASESMEN SUMATIF AKHIR JEJANG (ASAJ)/PSAJ/US BAHASA INGGRIS SMP TAHUN 2024
1. From the dialogue, we know that Dian is asking for... to Rinal.
Rinal : "Do you bring my dictionary with you now?"
Dian : "I am sorry. I forgot."
Rinal : "well but don't forget to bring it tomorrow. I need it for the period class."
Dian : "well but don't forget to bring it tomorrow. I need it for the period class."
Rinal : "I won't.”
D. an apology
Read the text to answer questions 2 to 5
I have a place that I love to go. It's a fort, or a clubhouse, where I can go with friends. We can
hang out there, plan neat stuff, eat, and rest. Shadow Fort is my favorite place for lots of
First of all, there's plenty of room for a few kids It's large (gargantuan) to me. The fort
is 3 ft. 8 in high, 5 ft. 3 in. long, and 3 ft. 6 in. wide There's a place in back (we call it the
pantry) for crackers grapefruit, avocados, potatoes, carrots, berries and Spanish moss.
The roof is made of 4 ft palm leaves and smaller fronds.
Second, this fort is the first structure I ever built with the help of my friend Kevin. We built it
during a light shower. It was only a few vines that tangled together to make a kind of cave that
we could crawl under. We worked fast to put palm fronds and leaves over the vines. "Quick!
Let's get inside!" I shouted to Kevin. We got inside in the nick of time. It began to rain
powerfully, and oh how the wind blew! But our fort kept us safe and dry. Later we named it
Shadow Fort because it sits in a shady area.
Finally, Shadow Fort is my favorite place because it has everything we need. We keep food in
the pantry, a small cot to sit on, and we even have a plywood door. One time Kevin fell out of a Tree and hurt his ankle. I helped him back to Shadow Fort where he rested on the cot.
Then I made some "dinner" — crackers, carrots, and berries for dessert. Can you see why
Shadow Fort is my favorite place? I hope so. When I'm there, I feel happy as a cat with cream!
2. The text mostly talk about the writer's ...
A. Favorite interests to do with friends
B. Favourite place to visit, Shadow Fort
C. Unforgettable story of Shadow Fort
D. Nice experience to hang out at Fort
3. On the second paragraph, the writer describes about...
A. the roof of the room
B. the pantry at the back
C. the height of the room
D. the room for the kids at Fort
4. After reading the text above the writer really hopes that the readers will...
A. have a clear understanding about Shadow Fort.
B. be much intersted to go to the Shadow Fort.
C. know much how to reach the Shadow Fort.
D. know the reason why the Fort is famous
5. "Later we named it Shadow Fort because it sits in a shady area." (Paragraph 3)
The underlined word refers to ...
B. shady area
C. Shadow Fort
D. powerful rain
Picture for Number 6 and 7
6. What is the schedule about?
A. Flight departure
B. Flight arrival
C. Ticket reservations
D. Flight destinations
7. From the schedule we can conclude that....
A. We should take ﬂight number SJ 58 to go to Makassar.
B. There will only be one ﬂight to Yogyakarta this morning.
C. There will be two international ﬂights this morning.
D. If we want to go to Padang, our plane will depart at nine twenty.
Text for questions number 8 to 10
Last week, my dad and I went to a store. We went there to buy some daily needs.
In the store, I saw some candies. They looked so good. I would have bought a lot of them buy
my dad said I could only have three. I gave the store owner the money for the candies.
As we left store, I ate one of the candies. It was yummy. I hope we will come back there soon
to buy more candies.
8. Why did the writer and her dad go to the store?
A. The writer wanted some candies.
B. The writer liked the candies.
C. They knew the owner well.
D. They wanted to buy some daily needs
9. What did the writer feel about the candies? The candies were ....
D. the best
10. "I would have bought a lot of them ...".
The underlined word means...
A. the writer and his father
C. I and the writer
D. the writer and the store owner
The following text is for questions 11 - 14
Earthquake are the vibrations caused by rocks breaking under stress. The underground surface along which the rock breaks and moves is called a fault plane.
The size or magnitude of earthquakes is determined by measuring the amplitude of the seismic waves recorded on a seismograph and the distance of the seismograph from the earthquake. These are put into a formula which converts them to a magnitude, which is a measure of the energy released by the earthquake. For every unit increase in magnitude, there is roughly a thirty-fold increase in the energy released.
A magnitude 8.6 earthquake releases energy equivalent to about 10.000 atomic bombs of the type developed in World War II. Fortunately, smaller earthquakes occur much more frequently than large ones and most cause little or no damage.
Earthquake magnitude was traditionally measured on the Richter scale. It is often now calculated from seismic moment, which is proportional to the fault area multiplied by the average displacement on the fault.
The focus of an earthquake is the point where it originated within the Earth. The earthquake epicentre is the point on the Earth's surface directly above the focus.
11. What is the main topic of the text above?
A. Earthquake in general
B. Earthquake cause
C. Earthquake power
D. Earthquake effects
12. The third paragraph explains about....
A. World War II which happened after earthquake.
B. Little damage caused by smaller frequent earthquakes.
C. The magnitude of earthquake caused by the heavy waves.
D. The energy that comes from the magnitude of the earthquake
13. The amplitude of the seismic waves recorded on seismograph determines....
A. some energy released
B. 10.000 atomic bombs
C. magnitude of the earthquake
D. the rock breaks and moves
14. The report of the earthquake above will likely attract the attention of...
A. People who live in a sensitive and disturbed area of earthquake.
B. Some teachers who are teaching their students at a big school.
C. Policemen who are working to watch some high buildings.
D. Some people who live near the beaches and the mountains.
The text for questions number 15 - 17
I have a doll. It is a teddy bear. It is my favorite thing. I got it from my mom. She gave it to me on my last birthday.
It is a light brown on its body but dark brown on its hands and feet. Its head is light brown too but its snout is dark brown. It looks so cute. It is made of very soft wool so it makes me warm when I sleep with it. That is why it is always with me when I sleep. I like it very much.
15. Which statement is correct based on the text?
A. Its feet and snout are dark brown.
B. Its body and head are dark brown.
C. Its body and snout are dark brown.
D. Its head and feet are dark brown.
16. "... but Its snout is dark brown."
The word "snout" means ... of Teddy Bear
A. the eyes
B. the ears
C. the mouth
D. the neck
17. "It looks so cute."
The word cute has similar meaning to ....
The following text is for questions 18 - 21
Orchid is one of ornamental plants in the form of parasite. It has been known since 200 years ago but it has been cultivates in Indonesia since last 50 years. It is mostly found in the tropical area.
Based on the nature of their life, orchid can be divided into three groups, namely Ephytis, Semi Ephytis, and Terrestris. Ephytis is the orchid which lives on other plants. Semi Ephytis is the orchid which lives on the other plants but do not damage the main plant. While Terrestrial is the orchid which grows on the ground.
Orchid has beautiful and unique ﬂowers that are different from others. They are arranged as a compound system appearing from its stalk. The ﬂower shapes as a bilateral symmetry. Its petals have the same color with the crown. The leaves are quite thick and usually elongated oval. Its thick leaves serve to store water. Its stem is jointed and thick. This stem is coated by wax layer which serves to prevent water evaporation. It has green fruit and shaped like a capsule. Inside its fruit, there are seeds which are very small and lightweight so they are easy to get carried away by the wind to the other places. The seed will only grow if it sticks in the appropriate media because it does not have a storage to keep reserved food.
Orchid will grow well when exposed to suﬃcient sunlight and have a lot of food sources. The media used to plant them are charcoal and brick for ephytis orchid and semi ephytis, compost and chaff for terrestrial orchids, while broken tiles and chaff are the media for semi terrestrial orchid.
18. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
The media to grow orchid
The food source for orchid
Suﬃcient sunlight for orchid
The exposure to grow orchid
19. What part of orchid serves to store water?
20. "It has green fruit and shaped like a capsule".
The underlined word refers to the...
21. The text above mainly discusses...
A. Parts of orchid
B. Various types of orchid
C. Different color of orchid
D. Ornamental plants called orchid
The text is for questions 22 - 25
- Prepare your fruits and vegetables by washing them thoroughly and peeling off those that need the skin removed.
- Your juicer features an extra wide chute and thus most fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, beets, celery, and others will not need to be cut into smaller pieces since they ﬁt in the chute.
- Make sure your juice extractor is properly assembled. Please follow the instructions.
- Ensure the juice extractor and its accessories are clean by following the cleaning and maintenance section of this manual.
- Place the jar or any other container/glass you may wish to use to collect the juice under the spout and make sure the pulp collector is in place prior to begin juicing. Do not allow the pulp collector container to overﬁll as this may cause the unit to stall.
- Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and turn the power on "I".
- Once the juicer is on, place the fruits and vegetables on the food chute and use the food pusher slowly to drive them down. In order to extract the maximum amount of juice, it is important to push the food pusher slowly.
- The juice extractor will separate the juice and the pulp in the jar and pulp collector while you are juicing.
22. The purpose of the writer in writing the passage is to....
A. Tell us how to operate instructions of juice extractor.
B. Inform us the way to separate the juice and the pulp.
C. Describe good fruits and vegetables for juicing.
D. Show how to start the instructions of juicing.
23. Why is it important to push the food pusher slowly?
A. To drive fruits and vegetables down well.
B. To extract the maximum amount of juice.
C. To separate the juice and the pulp in the jar.
D. To make fruits and vegetables good and fresh
24. What should we do before placing the fruits and the vegetables on the food chute?
A. Turn the power off.
B. Use the food pusher.
C. Separate juice skin.
D. Turn the power on.
25. "... to be cut into smaller pieces since they ﬁt in the chute." (instruction 2) The underlined word refers to ...
C. smaller pieces
D. fruits and vegetables
The following text is for questions 26 - 29
When inserting the SIM card to cell phone, make sure that the cell phone has been switched off and follow the direction bellow:
1. First of all, press the locking catch and slide the cover then lift it off the phone
2. After that, push two catches in the opposite directions and remove the battery
3. Next, slide the SIM card carefully into the slot and make sure that the golden connector are facing to the connector of the phone
4. Then, put the battery and align it until snaps into its place
5. Finally, insert the two catches of the back cover corresponding slot in the phone and slide the cover forward button of the phone until locks into place
6. Don't forget to switch on the cell phone
26. The text is written to ....
A. Show how to turn on a cellphone.
B. Explain the steps to maintain the SIM card.
C. Give guidance to insert the SIM card to cellphone.
D. Tell about the importance of inserting the SIM card to cellphone.
27. What will happen if the golden connect arson are not facing to the connector of the phone?
A. The cellphone won't be on.
B. The card will not function.
C. The card will be broken.
D. The cellphone will be broken.
28. If we don't remove the battery, we won't be able to...
A. Connect arson to the connector of the phone.
B. Make the cell phone snap into its place.
C. Cover the forward button of the phone.
D. Put the SIM card in the slot.
29. "Put the battery and align it until snaps into its place"
The underlined word refers to ...
A. Connect arson to the connector of the phone.
B. Make the cell phone snap into its place.
C. Cover the forward button of the phone.
D. Put the SIM card in the slot.
The following text for questions numbers 30 - 33
In the morning, Little Finger and his father went ! to the jungle. When they arrived, the father asked Little Finger to cut down a very big tree. When Little Finger was busy cutting down the tree, the father silently went home. The father thought that Little Finger could not cut down the big tree. The father was sure that Little Finger would be lost in the jungle. But he was wrong! In the morning Little Finger suddenly showed up in front of the house. And he brought
the big tree also!
"Father, where do you want me to put this big tree?" asked Little Finger. The father was surprised. He asked Little Finger to put the tree in the backyard. Little Finger then went inside the house. As always he ate all the food and that made his father got angry. He then had another idea. "Little Finger, let's go to the mountain. I need a big stone from there.” Little Finger was an obedient kid. He followed his father to go to the mountain. When they arrived, his father pointed a big stone. The stone was as big as their house! “ want you to bring that big stone to our house,” asked the father. When Little Finger was trying to bring the stone, the father immediately ran home.
At night, when the father was sleeping, suddenly he heard Little Finger's voice. "Father, I'm home. Where do you want me to put this big stone?" this time Little Finger's father realized his mistake. It was true that Little Finger's body was small and he ate much food. But he was a nice kid and he has a great power. With that power, they could get a job and had a lot of money. The father then apologized to Little Finger. Since then they always worked together.
30. What is the story about?
A. The wish of a poor family.
B. "Little Finger" an obedient son.
C. The greedy child "Little Finger".
D. The great power of "Little Finger".
31. What made Little Finger's father feel very angry to Little Finger at the beginning?
A. He ate much food although he had a small body.
B. He often went to the jungle without permission.
C. He never obeyed of what his father wanted to do.
D. He went to the mountain to bring the stone home.
32. What is the main idea of the third paragraph?
A. Little ﬁnger's parents never gave food due to their bad poverty.
B. Little ﬁnger can live in the jungle alone without his parents' help.
C. Little ﬁnger's body was still physically small compared to the other kids.
D. Little ﬁnger's parents felt worried about their child's big eating appetite.
33. What can we learn from the story above?
A. Don't cheat someone for a winner.
B. Don't ignore the smallest suggestions.
C. Don't judge someone just from the cover.
D. Don't easily underestimate the poor man.
The following text for questions numbers 34 - 36
Abu Nawas, A Very Respectable Message Man
Long time ago, in the kingdom of King Aaron, Abu Nawas was invited to the king's dinner. Hewent to the palace in his best clothes. A servant welcomed him and showed Abu Nawas to his seat.
Then, all ministers came and sat on their chairs. The last person entering the room was the king. He sat on his special big seat.
On each plate, there was delicious roast chicken. Its smell made people hungry. After praying, the king invited all people to eat. Abu Nawas took his fork and knife. He wanted to cut his chicken. Suddenly the king stopped him, 'Wait Abu!'
'Whatever you do to your chicken, I will do that to you too,'said the king.
'For example, if you cut the chicken's wing, I will also cut your arm.'The king said.
Abu Nawas looked sad and disappointed. But it was not long. Soon his face looked very bright. Suddenly he pinched the chicken's wing. The king was surprised. He didn't think Abu would do that. But he could not deny what he had said. So he pinched Abu arm.
Next, Abu patted the chicken's back. The king also patted Abu’s back. All ministers wanted to laugh, but they didn’t dare. They just looked down their plates. After some time, he patted
‘All right Abu, you eat your chicken now!' said the king while grinning.
'Thank you Your Majesty,'said Abu happily.'You are able to escape from my punishment,' said King Aaron with his mouth full of food.
At that time, the king looked amuse. He felt satisﬁed with Abu. Some ministers smiled and laughed a little. Abu didn't really care about it. He was enjoying the roasted chicken very much. There were more food and laughter during the rest of the party. All were very much happy.
34. What is the main idea of paragraph three?
A. The king talked to the minister to punish Abu Nawas.
B. Abu Nawas tried to escape from the King's punishment.
C. The King gave a punishment to Abu Nawas
D. Abu Nawas looked so disappointed
35. Why did the minister looked dawn on their plate? Because...
A. The King patted Abu's shoulders.
B. The King patted Abu's back.
C. They did not want to laugh.
D. They did not dare to laugh.
36. What can you learn from the story?
A. The king is as smart as Abu Nawas to solve a problem.
B. Thinking smart is needed to save us from danger.
C. A king needs smart ideas to solve a problem.
D. It is a smart way to be a king.
The text for questions numbers 37 - 41
37. What is the purpose of the text?
A. to advertise a supplement for woman
B. to describe a product for adult
C. to give detailed information about the supplement
D. to tell the value of a supplement
38. "This product contains no artiﬁcial...."
the word "artiﬁcial" in the sentence means...
39. How many tablet are suggested to be eaten?
40. The product contains of things below, except...
C. artiﬁcial colors
41. This product contains no artiﬁcial colors, ﬂavors, preservatives, milk, egg,sugar, chemical solvent, starch or gluten. This product refers to...
For questions numbers 42 – 48 chose the best words to complete the text.
A tiger once caught a fox while hunting for food. The fox was very bold. "I am the
... (42) of the forest," he said. But the tiger grew .... (43) and said that he would eat the fox at once. "If you don't believe me, come for a walk with me,"answered the fox quite calmly. "You'll soon .... (44) whether all the other animals are afraid of me or not. "The tiger .... (45) to go with the fox..........(46) all the animals saw them coming,... (47) ran away as fast as they could. The tiger never found out that ... (48) were really frightened of him and not the fox.
A. very strong
B. quite friendly
C. very angry
D. rather sad
A. the fox
B. the tiger
C. the animal
D. the animals
49. The best arrangement of the below sentences to make a paragraph is ....
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
(1) After that we went back to Solo.
(2) Last Sunday my family and I had a picnic to Ambarawa.
(3) Then we went to Bandungan.
(4) And we had lunch and took arrest for a while.
(5) It was a tiring journey but I felt happy.
(6) My mother bought some vegetables and fruits there.
(7) First we visited "Museum Kereta Api" in Ambarawa.
Mark only one oval.
50. Arrange these words into a good sentence!
KUNCI CONTOH SOAL ASESMEN SUMATIF AKHIR JEJANG (ASAJ)/PSAJ/US BAHASA INGGRIS SMP TAHUN 2024
1. D 11 C 21 D 31 A 41 B
2 B 12 D 22 A 32 D 42 C
3 D 13 C 23 B 33 C 43 C
4 A 14 B 24 D 34 B 44 B
5 A 15 A 25 D 35 B 45 C
6 B 16 C 26 C 36 D 46 C
7 B 17 C 27 B 37 C 47 D
8 D 18 A 28 D 38 C 48 D
9 B 19 A 29 C 39 A 49 D
10 B 20 C 30 D 40 C 50 B
Demikian CONTOH SOAL ASESMEN SUMATIF AKHIR JEJANG (ASAJ)/PSAJ/US BAHASA INGGRIS SMP TAHUN 2024, mudah-mudahan bermanfaat. Jangan lupa untuk share artikel ini. Terimakasih.