Choose the correct answer!
Untuk materinya bisa di lihat DISINI
The following text is for questions 1 – 3.
How to Prepare Instant Porridge
1) First, open a packet of instant porridge by using a pair of scissor.
2) Second, put all ingredients into a bowl, except the crisps.
3) Then, pour a glass of hot water into the bowl.
4) Stir the mixture well.
5) Your instant porridge is ready to serve. Eat while warm. Don’t forget to add the crisps.
1. What does the text tell us about?
A. How to open a packet of instant porridge.
B. How to prepare instant porridge.
C. A recipe for making a delicious porridge.
D. The ingredients for instant porridge.
2. What do we use to open the packet of instant porridge?
A. A bowl.
B. A knife.
D. A cutter.
3. What should be mixed with hot water?
A. The crisps.
B. All ingredients.
C. All ingredients, except the crisps.
D. The instant porridge and the crisps.
The following text is for questions 4 – 6.
Snowflakes in Our Room
Do you want to see snowflakes falling in your room? Follow the instructions below:
· A glass jar
· A white plastic bag
· Strong glue
· A small plastic toy
· A pair of scissors
· Some water
1) Cut the plastic bag into very small pieces.
2) Glue the small plastic toy on the inside of the jar cap. Then, leave it dry.
3) Next, put the small pieces of white plastic bag into the jar and fill the whole jar with water.
4) When the glue is dry, fix the cap back tightly onto the jar.
5) Turn the jar upside down and watch the “snowflakes” fallinf onto the toy.
4. What is the white plastic bag for?
A. It is for covering the plastic toy.
B. It is for making fake snowflakes.
C. Bringing the toy.
D. Taking the glue.
5. What should you do to the plastic bag?
A. Fill it with water.
B. Fix it onto the jar.
C. Glue it into the jar.
D. Cut it into small pieces.
6. What kind of glue should you use?
The following text is for questions 7 – 10.
Cheesy Fried Egg
- An egg
- Five spoonfuls of cooking oil
- A pinch of salt
- Some grated cheese
1) Pour the oil into the frying pan and heat it.
2) Break the egg into the frying pan.
3) Cook the egg for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Put some salt on the egg.
5) Take out the egg and put it on a plate.
6) Sprinkle the fried egg with grated cheese.
7. How many eggs do you need to make a cheesy fried egg?
8. How much cooking oil do you need?
A. Two spoonfuls.
B. Three spoonfuls.
C. Four spoonfuls.
D. Five spoonfuls.
9. How long does it take to cook the egg?
A. Three to four minutes.
B. Two to three minutes.
C. Three to five minutes.
D. Four to five minutes.
10. When do you sprinkle the cheese?
A. After putting some cooking oil into the frying pan.
B. After taking the egg out of the frying pan.
C. When breaking the egg into the frying pan.
D. Before heating the oil in the frying pan.
The following text is for questions 11 – 14.
- Chocolate ice cream.
- 10 coconut biscuits
1) Put a few scoops of ice cream into the blender.
2) Blend with enough milk to make the mixture thick, but fairly liquid.
3) Add the remaining ingredients and blend
11. What is the goal of the text?
A. How to serve Yummy Milkshake.
B. How to make Yummy Milkshake.
C. Introducing the ingredients of Yummy Milkshake.
D. Telling about the kind of biscuits used in making milkshakes.
12. How many ingredients do you need?
13. “ . . . to make the mixture thick, . .”
What does the underlined word mean?
14. When do you put coconut biscuits into the blender?
A. When you pour the milk into the blender.
B. After you blend the milk and the ice cream.
C. Before you blend the milk and the ice cream.
D. Before you put the ice cream into the blender.
The following text is for questions 15 – 17.
How to Make a Cup of Coffee
You will need a spoonful of sugar, a teaspoon of coffee and some water.
1) First, boil some water in the kettle.
2) Then, put a teaspoon of coffee into a cup.
3) Add a spoonful of sugar.
4) Fill the cup with boiling water.
5) Finally, stir the mixture for a few moments and the coffee is ready to serve.
15. How much coffee do you need?
A. A cup.
B. A kettle.
C. A spoonful.
D. A teaspoon.
16. What should you do to the water?
A. We should stir it.
B. We should mix it.
C. We should boil it.
D. We should pour it.
17. What should you do to make the coffee sweet?
We should . . .
A. boil it
B. add some sugar
C. add some water
D. add some honey
The following text is for questions 18 – 22
Healthy Fried Rice
Fried rice is healthy and delicious food. You can make it yourself. If you find any difficulty, you can ask an adult to help you.
- Frozen green peas soaked in hot water.
- A spoonful of oyster sauce
- 5 spoonfuls cooking oil
- Chicken fillet
- A plate of rice
- Two eggs
1) Cut up chicken fillet into small pieces.
2) Chop up the leeks into very small pieces.
3) Grind garlic, pepper, and salt together.
4) Break and stir together two eggs.
How to make it:
1) First, fry the chicken fillet in the cooking oil.
2) Then, pour on the eggs and green peas.
3) After that, pour in the ground garlic, pepper, and salt.
4) Add a spoonful of oyster sauce.
5) Add in the leeks.
6) Then, add the rice. Mix well.
7) Finally, serve the Healthy Fried Rice on a plate.
18. What kind of chicken do we use in the recipe?
C. Cut up.
D. Chopped up.
19. How much oyster sauce do we use?
A. A teaspoonful.
B. A spoonful.
C. A bottle.
D. A cup.
20. What should we do to the garlic, pepper, and salt?
A. We cut them up.
B. We saute them.
C. We grind them.
D. We slice them.
21. What should we do to the leeks?
A. Soak them in hot water.
B. Chop them.
C. Slice them.
D. Dry them.
22. “Grind garlic, pepper, and salt together”.
What is the synonym of the underlined word?
The following text is for questions 23 – 27.
How to Make a Paper Mask
- Thick paper
- Two rubber bands
- Colouring pencils
- A cutter
- A pencil
1) Firstly, draw a pattern of a face as you like on thick paper.
2) Secondly, colour or decorate your drawing.
3) Thirdly, use scissors to cut out the picture. Follow the line.
4) Fourthly, use a cutter to make the holes for the eyes and to make a small hole for each ear.
5) Fifthly, tie a rubber band on each hole.
6) Finally, try your mask on by hooking the rubber bands on your ears.
23. The text mainly discusses . . .
A. the way to make a paper mask.
B. the step of using a paper mask.
C. the materials needed to make a mask.
D. how to cut paper using scissors.
24. We need . . . paper to make a mask.
25. What do we need to make holes for the eyes?
A. A pair of scissors.
B. A sharp knife.
C. A trowel.
D. A cutter.
26. To put the mask on your face, you should . . .
A. cut the holes for the eyes.
B. cut a big hole for the mouth.
C. tie a rubber band on your nose.
D. hook the rubber bands on your ears.
27. We should draw a . . . of a face before cutting thick paper.
The following text is for questions 28 and 29.
How to use a correction pen
1) shake well the correction pen.
2) Open the (28) . . .
3) Press the tip of the pen on the misprinted word.
4) Cover the word with the liquid.
5) Let the liquid (29) . . .
6) Correct the word.
28. A. cap
29. A. dry
The following text is for questions 30 – 32.
Red Moon Tomato Soup
- 2 ½ kg of very ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 oz of butter or margarine
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 cups of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces,
1. Pour some boiling water over the tomatoes. After that, pour some cold water on them. This makes them pop out of their skins easily.
2. Skin the tomatoes, cut out the tops, discard the seeds and dice the flesh.
3. Peel the onions and the garlic clove. Chop them finely.
4. Heat the butter or margarine in a frying pan and saute the chopped onion and garlic.
5. Sprinkle with flour and stir in the tomato paste. While stirring, add hot water.
6. Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir the mixture until the soup is smooth and there are no more lumps.
7. Boil the soup again and add the diced tomato.
8. Cover the soup and let it simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat.
9. Add sugar and season with salt and pepper.
10. Pur the soup into a bowl and decorate with a few basil leaves.
30. How much tomato paste do you need?
A. Four tablespoons.
B. Four teaspoons.
C. A half bottle.
D. A bottle.
31. How do you skin the tomatoes easily?
A. By pouring boiling water over the tomatoes before pouring cold water onto them.
B. By boiling the tomatoes in a frying pan before pouring cold water onto them.
C. By peeling the tomatoes using a very sharp knife.
D. By popping the tomatoes out of their skin.
32. “ . . . no more lumps . . .”
The underlined word has similar meaning to . . .
The following text us for questions 33 – 35
Let’s Make a Wind Wheel
- A square sheet of paper
- A compass
- Some glue
- A pin
- A wooden stick
1) Take a square sheet of paper 30 cm x 30 cm in size.
2) Find the centre of the square sheet by drawing dotted lines from a corner to it’s opposite corner.
3) Now, with the help of a compass, draw a circle of 10 cm radius.
4) Cut along the dotted lines using the scissors
5) Bring one part of each of the edges to the centre of the circle.
6) Stick these down with glue.
7) Now, pass a pin through the centre of the wheel and into a wooden stick.
8) The wind-wheel is now ready to be used.
9) Place it in front of a fan. You will see the wind-wheel rotating.
33. How do you find the centre of the sheet?
A. By cutting the sheet using scissors.
B. By drawing a circle in the middle of the sheet.
C. By drawing lines from a corner to its opposite corner.
D. By measuring the sheet using a wooden stick.
34. Which part should be cut?
A. The circle.
B. The edges.
C. The dotted lines.
D. The wooden stick.
35. How to make the wind-wheel rotate?
A. By fixing a tiny machine inside the stick.
B. By putting it in front of a fan.
C. By bringing it outdoors.
D. By toucihing its edges.
The following text is for questions 36-40
How to Clean a Blender
Cleaning a blender is easy, but it can be hard if you don't clean it immediately after you use it. Even if you don't have the time to clean it immediately after use, at least, pour in this simple cleaning the mixture to await your return later.
1) Ensure that the blender jug is sitting on the base properly before proceeding.
2) Fill the jug half full with warm water.
3) Add one to two drops of dish-washing liquid; if you have a lemon, put in half a lemon, as the lemon rind will scrape off any particles and the juice and rind will eliminate odours.
4) Place the lid on the blender.
5) Plug the blender back into the electrical socket or switch the power point on.
6) Press the low blend button and allow to blend for up to 30 seconds.
7) Check that it has caught all the particles.
8) Pour the liquid down the sink.
9) Rinse under the faucet.
10) Place upside down on a dish rack to dry.
36. To make the cleaning process easy, it is suggested that we . . .
A. clean it twice a week.
B. wash it with warm water.
C. regularly clean it in the morning.
D. always clean it immediately after using.
37. We should . . . before turning on the blender.
A. pour the water down the sink
B. rinse it under the faucet
C. place the lid on
D. dry it
38. "Check that it has caught all the particles." (Step 7)
The underlined word refers to
A. the liquid in the blender
B. the lid of the blender
C. the faucet
D. the sink
39. Why is it suggested that we add the lemon?
A. It can make the blender work better.
B. It will change the colour of the liquid.
C. It can kill some germs contained in the water.
D. It has some benefits in cleaning and eliminating odours.
40. “Rinse under the faucet." (Step 9)
What is the synonym of the underlined word
The following text is for questions 41 – 45.
How to Make Mini Plant Pots
- 1 egg carton
- Four seed packets
- Some potting soil
- A black marker
- A spoon
- A plate
1) Cut off the top of the egg carton and leave the bottom part.
2) Take four cups from the egg carton and smoothen the edges by cutting them with scissors.
3) Mark each pot with the name of each plant.
4) Add a few scoops of potting soil to each of the egg cups.
5) Place a few plant seeds in the labelled pot.
6) Set all the pots in a large plate. Place them near the window to get enough sunlight.
7) Water the plants sufficiently according to the instruction found in the seed packages.
8) Move the plants to bigger pots or to the garden when they grow too big to fit the pots. The plants can be directly planted in the garden without getting rid of the egg cups because they are decomposable.
41. Which part of the egg cartoon do we use for making the pots?
A. The bottom part.
B. The middle part.
C. The upper part.
D. The whole part.
42. “Place a few plant seeds . . .” (step 5)
Which picture represents the underlined word?
43. "Mark each pot with the name of each plant." (Step 3)
Why should we do the instruction above?
A. To mark the level of the soil in each pot.
B. To decorate the pots with colourful markers.
C. To make sure that we put the seeds into the correct cups.
D. To make sure that we plant the seeds according to the instruction on the package.
44. Where should we put the pots?
A. In the field.
B. In a bathroom.
C. In a dark room.
D. Near a sunny window.
45. “...smoothen the edges by cutting them with scissors." (Step 2)
The underlined word refers to . . .
A. the scissors
B. the plants
C. the edges
D. the seeds
The following text is for questions 46 – 50.
1. Press the "power" button to turn on the photocopier. If there is no response from the device, try to press the "copy" button. It may be turned to "sleep" mode. Check the paper tray that is located on the side of the machine to ensure that the copier has enough paper in it.
2. Lift the photocopier's lid. Then, put your document on the glass surface. Put the side that you want to copy downward, facing the glass surface.
3. Close the copier cover after you are sure the document has been placed properly.
4. Press the digital number to select the number of copies you need. Press the plus and minus button to add or reduce the quantity.
5. Choose black-and-white copies or colour copies according to your needs.
6. After selecting the colour preference, specify the paper size. If you want to use special paper size, you have to feed that paper into the tray.
7. Finally, press the "copy" button and your document is copied.
46. Why does the writer publish the text?
A. To guide the readers in how to operate a photocopier properly.
B. To show the readers the steps of turning on a photocopier.
C. To tell how to make a copy of a special paper size.
D. To select the ways of making copies.
47. What should you do when placing the document on the glass surface?
A. Choose colour copies or black-and- white copies.
B. Press the button to make changes.
C. Put it downward on the glass.
D. Close the copier cover.
48. How do you change the quantity of the copies?
A. By feeding the tray with more paper.
B. By pressing the plus and minus keys.
C. By selecting the colour preference.
D. By pressing the copy button.
49. "..., you have to feed that paper into the tray." (Step 5)
The underlined word means . . .
50. The text is useful for those who . . . use the photocopier.
D. for the first time
Complete the following text to answer questions 51-54.
How to Make a Glass of Pineapple Juice
- First, cut up a piece of pineapple
- Then, put the pineapple into the (51) . . .
- Pour a half glass of water into the blender. Add a (52) . . . of sugar.
- (53) . . . some ice cubes into the blender.
- (54) . . . the blender. Wait for several minutes.
- Now, your juice is ready to (55) . . .
51. . . .
52. . . .
53. . . .
54. . . .
B. turn on
55. . . .
The following text is for questions 56 – 60.
How to Wash Your Hair.
1) First of all, use warm water to rinse your hair. Warm water is good to clean and remove the dirt trapped in the hair.
2) Put a small amount of shampoo if you have long hair. It will keep your hair healthy, smoother and shiny.
3) Lather up the scalp. Because the hair closest to the scalp is the youngest, it is better to wash the hair from the roots to ends. The farthest hair from the scalp is more fragile and the oiliest.
4) Rub your hair gently. Rubbing the hair too harshly may damage it permanently.
5) Don't wash your hair twice because washing it once is enough, unless your hair is very dirty and the first shampoo did not produce any lather.
6) After you've finished washing your hair, squeeze the water from the hair and put in the conditioner.
7) Clip your hair up. Let the conditioner stays on your hair so that it will be absorbed well.
8) Rinse your hair with cold water. This will help your hair shine better and shut the follicles tight.
56. It is suggested to use warm water when rinsing the hair . . . it will get rid of dirt.
57. Which part of the hair is the oiliest?
A. The farthest from the scalp.
B. The nearest to the scalp.
C. In the middle.
D. On the edge.
58. Why is it not necessary to repeat lathering up our hair?
A. Cold water will shut the follicles tight.
B. Lathering and rinsing once is enough.
C. The warm water has already cleaned the hair.
D. The conditioner will have more time.
59. What should we do before applying the conditioner on our hair?
A. Clipping the hair up.
B. Rinsing the hair using cold water.
C. Drying the hair using a hair dryer.
D. Squeezing the water out of the hair.
60. What happens to the follicles when we rinse the hair with cold water?
A. They close tightly.
B. They shine brightly.
C. They become layers.
D. They absorb the conditioner.